Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thrifty Thursday


I spent under five dollars to make this tutu for Lulu's skating club's Christmas Party. I wanted her to wear something special, but didn't want to spend to much. I remembered reading how to make a tutu from elastic and tulle, so I looked up the instructions and whipped this up in a few hours. All that I did was cut the elastic the size of her waist and sewed the elastic together (you could probably just tie it too!) I cut about 4 yards of tulle into strips double the length of how long I wanted the skirt to be. I then tied each strip to the elastic. I added a bit of shorter sparkly red tulle to make it pop.
I think it turned out okay and didn't cost a lot. I bought her tutu a while ago for her birthday skating party coming up and it cost a lot more!! I wish I had thought about making one before I bought it!

1 comment:

  1. As always my clever crafty CREATIVE friend. Your girl is so blessed to have you. I always appreciate your blog posts and wish they came more often. keep it up always great ideas. ME

    ReplyDelete