Tuesday, March 29, 2011

7 things about myself



Tagged by Sheri. Thanks!

Hmmm....7 things, that's a lot

#1. I collect owls. My kids know that when they go into a thrift store they check the knick-knacks first to see if they can find an owl for their Mumma. Besides figurines, I have an owl lunch box, owl lanyard, owl mug, and people send me links for owls all the time. We even have owls living in our backyard ravine. Whooot.

One of my owls from my collection


#2. I'm not a summer person (don't shoot me!). I really prefer Fall or Spring. I hate hot weather and swimming. I do love camping though, and seeing the kids enjoying the summer activities is a lot of fun.

Last summer's purchase


#3. My first choice in traveling would be to visit England, Scotland, Wales. Not the big cities as much, but the backroads, off the beaten path. Would love to see the Goffs, and Nanny and Grandad West (our neighbours grandparent we have adopted)


#4. I love to cook, and bake. I like to make soups, stews, and casseroles, but are never organized to pull it off.
One of our kitchen helpers


#5. I watch Amazing Race faithfully.


#6. We are renovating the backyard this summer. Cam is building us a screened deck/room that backs onto the ravine/creek. It will have hammock chairs, and enough room for boys to camp out. "Screened" because of our bug problem backing onto a creek.


Graham in the creek in about grade one!

#7. Leave a comment and tell me one thing you know about me!


Tagging Mrs. Moore

1 comment:

  1. I know that you love being a mom. You find the coolest mom things to do for your family and sharing with us. You are an awesome friend and I love the little things you do to make me smile. Like getting me a Jack Johnson tune or sending a photo reminder, getting my mom a beautiful set of teaspoons, sending her an owl. Getting me purple stuff and just thinking of others. You Shelley are a Gift from GOD. I love you. So maybe more than one thing....but who cares...I'm the one who finds it easy to break the rules..maybe toooooo easy. :-)

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete