Wednesday, January 14, 2009

WAY BACK WEDNESDAY

Hmmm......still no one on board for Way Back Wednesday.  I'm going to have to get after you!! You know who you are.

This week is one of our rare pictures from the early 1970's that is in colour.  This picture wasn't taken by my parents obviously.  I am at our neighbours house two doors down, probably at the son's birthday party.  I would say 1971.  I look so sad.  I was extremely shy as a child.  



I love the dress. I remember it.  It was a thick sweater like material.  Love the ankle boot.  Years later I am still wearing them.  Not those ones exactly!

My parents didn't feel it was necessary to document the second child at all.  There are only a few pictures of me under a year.  My mom had to get our relatives in Italy to send some pics back to her that she sent when I was a baby, because I complained so much as a teenager.  My brother had albums full!!

My parents broke down when we went to Italy in the summer of 1973.  This was our camera through my youth, which is why my pics are so crappy.


ours had a canadian flag though.  I still remember those flashbulb things








2 comments:

  1. Okay SHelley,

    You Rock. I will see if I can come up with some old stuff...please be patient...I am slow. Again enjoyed our time together today. I think the little one in the sweater like dress is adorable. :-) sweet thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So while I'm off working you guys are hanging out? I'm going to go to my mom's this weekend and get some of my old pictures! Most of our childhood stuff are on slides so I will have to do something with those first?! Shelley, I had those camera flash things also. Loved your last blog entry. I've been really busy...not alot of time on the computer these days!

    ReplyDelete