One itchy red dress, then and now......
It's 100% wool! I went to put it on Lindsay (she had never seen it before) and said "it looks itchy, I don't want to put it on". Thank goodness for bribery. It was itchy. Extremely. It was like she had ants in her pants. I'm pretty sure this number was brought in from Italy by an aunt or something. The red is more like the red in the picture of Lindsay. Tomato Red.
I don't know what my mother was thinking with my hair. She made sleep on those hard rollers for years. Why didn't she just go with the flow. Wait 'til I share what my mother did to me with Toni perms. Who perms a five year olds hair?!

circa - early 1970's
Thanks for looking! Share your itchy dress nightmares with me.

Okay...Shelly I am still laughing...not at the dress, not at the hair, or the perm story...just laughing knowing I have a friend who is so darn funny. You are such a riot. I love your posts, stories and photos. I check everyday. Was going to email and ask where way back wednesday was...but you got there first. Good on ya...i just don't have that good of a memory. You rock friend. Still laughing....
ReplyDelete